In a large frying pan, cook the peppers over medium heat in 1 1/2cm of olive oil for around 6-7 minutes, until golden.
Remove with a slotted spoon and drain excess fat using a paper towel.
Place the sausage slices in the pan and sauté lightly, without letting them turn brown, and then remove from heat.
In a separate pan (a deep frying pan or wide saucepan), simmer the tomato together with the tomato paste in 2 tbsp of olive oil until it reduces by half and then add in the peppers and the sausage.
Cook until the sauce thickens to a creamy texture.
Season with salt and pepper and serve with thick slices of rustic bread.
This recipe first appear on gastronomos.gr
- 1kg long green peppers, roughly chopped
- 1-2 small chili peppers, finely sliced
- 3 ripe tomatoes, pulverized
- 1 tsp of thick tomato paste
- 3 largish good-quality sausages, sliced (ideally use Greek country-style sausages)
- Olive oil for cooking