- 10 large button mushrooms, cleaned with a damp cloth and stems removed
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped (stalks and bulbs)
- 5 sprigs parsley, finely chopped (not the tougher stems)
- 5 sprigs dill, finely chopped (not the tougher stems)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 200g small shrimp, peeled (frozen is fine)
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp thick tomato paste, diluted in ½ cup of water
- Juice of 1 lemon (optional)
- Salt, pepper
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Place the mushrooms, caps down, on a baking tray and drizzle with 4 tbsp olive oil and the lemon juice. Add seasoning to taste.
Bake for around 10 minutes until they start to soften.
Meanwhile, heat the remaining olive oil in a pan and sautee the onions and garlic for 2-3 minutes, adding the herbs. Add the diluted tomato paste and turn up the heat so the sauce thickens.
Then add the shrimp and cook for just 1-2 minutes until they turn pink. Spoon this mixture on top of the half-baked mushrooms and return the baking tray to the oven for another 10 minutes.
For better results, bake on the top shelf of the oven.