- 700 gr chicken breast fillet, cut into 1 cm strips
- 300 gr okra, fresh (clean by peeling around the stem, making sure to leave a small cap at the top and not to pierce them) or frozen
- 2 small onions, diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 600 gr cherry tomatoes
- 100 ml vinegar
- 200 ml dry white wine
- 80 ml olive oil
- Salt, freshly-ground black pepper
In a shallow dish, place the okra, vinegar and 200 ml of water, setting aside for approximately 1 hour, so the okra becomes less mushy when cooked. Next, drain the okra and pat dry with a paper towel.
In a broad, shallow saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat and sauté the chicken for 2-3 minutes until golden on all sides. Remove to a plate with a slotted spoon. Keep the oil in the pan to sauté the okra and the onion for 4-5 minutes, tossing gently, until golden. Pour in the wine and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic, cherry tomatoes, 200 ml water, salt and pepper to taste, and the chicken. Cook for approximately 8 minutes until most of the liquid has evaporated, the chicken is done and the tomatoes have started wilting. The okra should still have a bit of a bite. If you prefer them soft, add a little more water and cook to the desired consistency but hold back the chicken and tomatoes for a couple of minutes. Serve with a sprinkling of parsley.