- 500 gr shrimp, preferably fresh, shelled and de-veined (keep heads and tails)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 green cow’s horn pepper, cubed
- 4 fresh tomatoes roughly grated, or 300 gr full tinned tomatoes
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp hot paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp mustard, diluted in 50 ml tepid water
- 100 gr feta cheese, crumbled
- 60 ml olive oil
- Salt, pepper
In a broad, shallow saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat and sautee the garlic and pepper until soft. Add tomato, sugar, paprika, oregano, salt and pepper, with 50 ml of water.
Stir with a wooden spoon and simmer for 10-12 minutes. Stir in mustard and then add shrimp and feta.
Cook for 3-4 minutes, turning shrimp over for an additional 2 minutes so they’re evenly cooked on both sides. Times depend of the thickness of shrimp.
Serve hot with plenty of fresh bread to dunk in the juices.