In a large frying pan with a lid, add just enough oil to cover the bottom, and heat.
Prick the sausages with a fork and fry for around 5 minutes, turning for an even cook. Remove and keep warm.
Add a couple more tablespoons of oil to the pan, salt the potatoes and fry until soft.
Beat the eggs with the milk in a bowl.
Drain the oil from the pan and add the egg mixture, with the cheese, herbs and salt and pepper. Space out the sliced up sausages evenly in the mixture. Cover the pan and reduce heat to medium.
Once the bottom side of the omelet is done, flip to cook the other (for beginners you can flip the omelet upside down on to a plate first, and then slide it back into the pan). Otherwise, use an oven-proof frying pan and bake the omelet until golden under the grill.
• 4 medium-sized sausages
• 4 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and sliced
into thin rounds
• 2/3 cup grated cheese (preferably volaki from Andros or another white cheese)
• 1/2 cup milk
• 8 eggs (preferably organic)
• The leaves of 1/2 bunch of mint or parsley, finely chopped
• Salt and/or pepper to taste
• frying oil