- 1 kg beef brisket, cut into cubes
- 2 medium-size onions cut into thin rounds
- ½ bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 2 medium-size ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tsp tomato paste diluted in ½ cup water
- 70 ml olive oil
- 150 ml red wine
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 clove
- 1 packet pasta (any robust kind will do)
- Salt, pepper
Rinse the meat well and pat dry with a paper towel. In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil and sauté the meat over low heat until golden brown on all sides. Add the onion and brown. Pour in the wine, simmer for a couple of minutes, cover the pot with a lid and simmer for 15 minutes.
Next, add the parsley, tomato (fresh and paste), cinnamon, clove, sugar, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes until the beef is tender. Boil the pasta according to the instructions on the package in a separate pan in salted water. When both are done, serve the pasta on shallow plates with a generous serving of beef and sauce.