Cook the spaghetti in a large pot of boiling water to which you have added salt, following the instructions on the packet.
While the pasta is cooking, add the olive oil and butter to a large frying pan over medium to high heat, until very hot.
Add the grated myzithra cheese, and stir well using a wooden spoon, sautéing for about 5-8 minutes until brown but not burnt. Drain the spaghetti and add again to the pot.
Pour the cheese mix over the spaghetti when ready, and fold well, so that it is evenly distributed. In a non-stick frying pan, cook the eggs in a little olive oil sunny side up (until just soft, if possible).
Serve the spaghetti on each plate, and place one or two eggs on top.
If desired, add some freshly ground pepper and grated myzithra, and prick the yolk, so that it runs through the pasta.
This recipe was first published on gastronomos.gr
- 1 packet spaghetti No. 5 (500g)
- 100ml olive oil and extra for frying the eggs
- 300g dried myzithra cheese, finely grated and more for serving (a decent substitute is pecorino if you can’t find myzithra)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 eggs (or more, depending on individual preferences)
- Freshly ground salt and pepper