According to EU legislation, retsina is a traditional wine that can only be produced in Greece and in accordance with the terms of Greek law. On the labels, the word Retsina must be accompanied by the term “traditional appellation”.
1. Stelios Kechris Domaine / Tear of the Pine / Assyrtiko
Citrus, herbs, mastic gum and honeysuckle come together in a noble retsina that has balance, finesse, aroma and spice.
2. Gaia Wines / Ritinitis Nobilis / Savatiano
Golden in color, it encompasses the aroma of the pine forest, with wild bay, mastic gum and dried coriander, as well as mixed peppers.
3. Gikas Winery / Ritinitis 2012 / Assyrtiko
Refreshing acidity and fruit aromas balance the herbal tones of the resin and create a lasting, pleasant aftertaste.
4. Kamara Wines / Retsina / Assyrtiko, Roditis
Intense fruity aromas underline the robust quality of the resin in a complex blend that evokes citrus, with strong acidity and a good mouthfeel.
5. Mylonas Wines / Retsina / Savatiano
This wine has its own distinctive personality, replete with flower blossoms and fruits, and with smooth, discreet tannins.
6. Papagiannakos Domaine / Retsina Mesogaia / Savatiano
Its clear color, with a slight tint of green, prepares you for a mouth of fruit with perfectly balanced herbal and resin notes, all in a smooth, refreshing wine.
7. Domaine Vassiliou / Retsina of Attica / Savatiano
Made only with Savvatiano, this retsina retains its dynamic character and gives the resin the starring role. It is a full, dry white, with a touch of spice, and a perfect companion for all sorts of mezedes.