- 1 scorpion fish of about 1kg or two small ones, cleaned
- 50g hilopites pasta or pappardelle
- 750g ripe tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 300g spring onion, finely chopped (white and green parts)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp capers, desalted and well strained
- 6 black olives (whole, with their stones)
- 150ml dry white wine
- 100ml olive oil
- ½ cup parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Salt, pepper
Preheat the oven to 200°C. In a medium-sized deep pan, big enough to hold the fish, place all of the ingredients except the pasta. Cover snugly in tin foil and bake for 35–40 minutes until the fish is coming off the bone (25–30 minutes if using smaller fish).
In the meantime, boil the pasta according to the directions on the pack and drain. Remove the fish from the oven and debone on a platter. Pour the juice from the pan into the pasta saucepan, add the pasta and cook over high heat just for a minute to unite all the flavors, stirring carefully with a wooden spoon.
Serve the fish over the pasta, either on a large platter or in individual portions.